'Herd Immunity' occurs when a great portion of the population is 'immune.' The problem is that government and media outlets want you to believe you are only immune if you are vaccinated. So they say herd immunity is when a good portion is vaccinated.
This baffles national vaccine policy makers because there is an 82% vaccine rate for those that have had 4+ shots and over 94% vaccine rate for those that have had 3+ shots. Those numbers should confirm herd immunity and everyone should be protected, right? If not, how many shots do we need? In the Vermont case, the overwhelming majority had 5 and 6 shots and still got pertussis.
With government policy, the usually course of action is to throw more of what you're doing at a system that's not working. They say the root of our health problems is not enough health care, so let's mandate everyone get health insurance. They say the root of our education problems is not enough money so let's throw more money at a system that continually falls behind other countries. This results in a huge budget of resources for faulty systems. Let's start questioning the systems. I digress.
With the increase in pertussis, you can draw a couple conclusions.
1. The vaccines don't work as well as we think they should. The CDC already states this. This is nothing new.
2. Herd Immunity is still a hypothesis. The ones contracting and spreading the disease are the vaccinated. Being vaccinated makes you believe you have this force field around you that protects you from either getting or spreading a disease. This just isn't true.
The problem is that with the holes in efficacy they still try and scare you into believing that vaccines are the only solution and if you don't do it, your child is going to die. That's just not true. Check out this screenshot from the CDC about pertussis and let's break down the numbers a bit.
If you were to just look at the numbers above, they seem really scary. You need to read carefully. Those numbers are based on kids that were hospitalized (which also never delineates if the ones hospitalized were vaccinated or not). It states 50% of kids who get pertussis will need hospital help. They just try and make you assume that it only occurs in the non-vaccinated.
The stats above, you can safely divide by 2 to get a truer percentage.
- 1 in 4 get pneumonia. This is actually 1 in 8. Remember, the 1 in 4 is based on the ones that get to the hospital. Half of kids that got pertussis never needed hospital help. Is the pneumonia from the pertussis or the hospital? Hospital Acquired Infections (HAI) are greatly studied. Even the CDC has it's own dedicated page to HAI. Again, was it the pertussis or what is being in the hospital?
- 1-2 in 100 will have convulsions. Again, overall, this would be 1-2 in 200 or 0.75%.
- 2/3 will have apnea. It's really 1/3. Most respiratory illness can claim apnea. If you're coughing, it's hard to breath well.
- 1 in 300 (which is actually 0.33%) will have brain involvement. It's really 1 in 600 or 0.17%.
- 1 or 2 in 100 will die. Actual death rate would be 1 or 2 in 200 (a chance of 0.75%).
Having 2 small children, I wouldn't wish any of these on anyone but when making parenting decisions, sometimes you have to take the emotion out of it. Numbers don't lie. Your insurance company uses numbers to calculate your rates. They use your history of past claims, your credit score, and even your occupation to determine the risk factor that you will make a claim on insurance. Insurance companies rarely go out of business. Why not use similar tactics in parenting?
What's the chance of my kid getting pertussis? If there are 305,000,000 people in the US and there were 48,000 cases of pertussis last year (a very high incident rate), then the chance of my child getting pertussis is 0.016%. Is it possible? Absolutely. Is it probable? Not really.
If one of my kids does get pertussis, there is a 99.25% chance he will live. There is an 87.5% that my child will NOT get pneumonia. There is a 67% chance he will NOT get apnea. And there is a 99.83% chance his brain will be perfectly fine. I will bet on those odds any day.
But I'm also going to stack the deck. We work hard in our family to make the body is as strong as possible. This is done my by creating purity and creating sufficiency. A vaccine cannot do either of these.
It's easier to create and add sufficiency. This where I am a fan of supplementing. My top 4 supplements I take, give to my family, and recommend to all my patients are here. Getting regular chiropractic care is a lifestyle that we have adopted and I recommend and provide to my staff. When was the last time they took a sick day? I couldn't even tell you.
To optimize the body and it's communication, you're going to have to do things differently that the great majority of those around you. The body doesn't do stupid things, we do.